Thursday 11 January 2018

COLD WEATHER ESSENTIALS: SLIP DRESSES & TURTLENECKS + LINK-UP

Pin this image on Pinterest

Ah winter, don’t you just love it? The cold weather definitely makes it harder getting dressed stylishly with all those layers. Today I teamed up with amazing bloggers Larissa from Living in Color and Jacqueline of Stylin in St. Louis to let you in on our cold- weather essentials that you definitely need in your closet. Go check out their blogs for what they suggest and check out some of the other bloggers looks from our link-up at the bottom

Pin this image on Pinterest
Pin this image on Pinterest

Obviously, these picks are not the end all, be all. Also, everyone is different, so these are just a few items that are super versatile and perfect fora 2017-2018. Let’s start with my favorite, the slip dress. One of the best trends to make it out of the boudoir and into the streets IMO. For cold weather the best way to go is at the knees or longer, take for instance the Zara slip dress I am wearing here. I think it’s meant to be midi but being petite it’s more maxi on me. That’s actually what I love about it. Believe or not slip dresses are actually perfect for cooler weather because the thinness of the material gives you hundreds of ways to style it and layers upon layers are possible with my beloved slip dress. What do you think about slip dresses, love em’ or hate em’? Here are a few of my favourite's:

Next, we have a classic, the simple black, slim-fit turtleneck. Not a sweater but more of a stretchy, cotton piece that hugs your curves and can go under anything. This piece is something I like to purchase on the cheap because it gets so much wear you may need a new one each season. I hope you like these options:

If you don’t already have a black crossbody handbag, why? I am making this one a winter essential because it is absolutely something you will grab again and again. The cooler temps mean we tend to wear darker colors, as we get into the later part of the season you will have event after event and I don’t know about you but I much prefer a nice, small, leather handbag that also leaves my hands free over some fancy minaudiere. Unless of course you’re headed to a black tie affair or the equivalent. Here are some small, black, crossbody bags. I included the super affordable to some that are a couple hundred:

 

Fall essentials

Wearing a basic turtleneck from Target with this gorgeous Zara slip dress (similar). As for my accessories I am wearing my beloved Balmain pumps, a Vera Bradley (currently 30% off all styles!) handbag (similar) with added pom keychainYHF sunglasses and a Case Cavern Honey Bee phone case.

 

HOW TO LINK-UP:

1. We kindly ask that you follow the two hosts: Larissa from Living in Color on Bloglovin’, Jacqueline from Stylin’ In St. Louis via Bloglovin’ as well as myself on Bloglovin’.

2. Please link back to LarissaJacqueline, and my blog on the post you linked to, stating that you joined in on the fun over at Spotlight Weekly.

3. Enjoy reading other blogs and make new blogger friends!

 

This post  COLD WEATHER ESSENTIALS: SLIP DRESSES & TURTLENECKS + LINK-UP was first listed on http://tohellinahandbag.net

The following post COLD WEATHER ESSENTIALS: SLIP DRESSES & TURTLENECKS + LINK-UP is republished from Coats VIY Clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment